We strongly recommend getting your pet insured. The responsibility of owning a pet comes at a price and the reassurance of knowing you are able to offer your pet the treatment he/she requires comes with a good insurance policy.
We have been dealing with many pet insurance companies and making claims for veterinary fees on behalf of our clients for many years. Please ask us first for advice – do not get caught out!
All our vets insure their own pets for the same peace of mind.
It is also very important to remember that your pet could cause an accident leading to enormous legal costs, which would be covered by insurance.
We know many more clients who are so grateful to have had their pet insured than those who have not found it worthwhile.
With unexpected treatment often costing hundreds of pounds, it is not surprising that some pet owners struggle to afford unplanned care for their pets. Pet insurance protects you against the unexpected costs when your pet needs treatment and can help your pet live a longer, healthier life.
Pet insurance principally provides cover for veterinary fees in your pet is injured or becomes ill. However, other benefits may include:
- Third party liability cover if your dog injures someone or damages someone else’s property.
- The purchase price of your pet if it is lost, stolen or dies as a result of an injury or an illness before a certain age.
- The cost of advertising a reward for the return of your lost or stolen pet and the cost of the reward itself, if your pet is found or recovered, up to a set amount.
- Paying the costs of looking after your pet if you have to go into hospital for emergency medical treatment.
- The cost of your holiday if it is cancelled because your pet needs emergency surgery close to departure.
- The cost of emergency veterinary treatment for your pet if you take it abroad under the Pet Travel Scheme.
The cover provided by different products can vary considerably. If you are looking to take out pet insurance you should take care to choose the type of product and the level of cover to meet your needs.
Please refer to the further pet insurance information above right on this page.